View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #20
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoetze View Post
Well, seeing as there are no financials whatsoever for the minors anyway, that can be safely ignored.
The minors are already ignored too much IMO. There are important differences between the majors and minors, and OOTP at this point does little to recreate those distinctions. It should.

There are also those who run independent minor leagues alongside their major leagues. Those would have financials.

Quote:
And the financials for the majors are pretty weak too, so it doesn't matter much.
At present. But sooner or later those will be improved (it's one of my missions), and getting all the related aspects which underpin a better financial system is of critical importance. In short: do not half-arse something in the name of expediency because it will likely end up biting you in the arse sooner or later.

Implement it properly now. That will come in very handy later on.

(And it's not as if anything I've suggested need be terribly complicated to do. Nothing about it seems particularly difficult. A few little changes to the file structure of the schedule files, which can easily still be backwards compatible, and we're good to go. I've already thought some of the specifics through.)

Quote:
As you said, MLB prefers day-nighters anyway, so just schedule any doubleheader that way and you should be good to go for a start.
Except for the fact that approach is unrealistic. Might as well sanction numerous players hitting 100 home runs each season.

Quote:
I am just arguing against those here vaguely claiming that this is all too complicated for OOTP's "scheduling function", whatever that is, and that we therefore should not ask for rainouts because it's demanding too much.
I used to be opposed to postponements but have changed my mind in recent years. There are certainly caveats that need to be considered (I have attempted to outline some of them) but I now think it's quite doable with some research and work. So on this we agree.

Sooner or later I'm going to sit down and write out my ideas into a more formal proposal for Markus & Co.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 06-17-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote