View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
MJDore
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
This is going to require some thought. In the 30-team subleague there could not even be two 3-game series against each opponent because that alone would be 174 games. But the lack of divisions (or at least being balanced) simplifies things in that teams can just play the second series against however many teams they can.

The odd number of teams obviously mean an odd number of teams must be off at all times.

How much interleague were you thinking? As noted above there already cannot be so many league games.

With 3-game series, not every team playing at once... finishing by early/mid-Sept figures to require starting sooner than the beginning of April.
Odd I know. And the game seems to agree. I tested my league just letting the game form the schedule and, while I had mostly 3 game series, I also ended up with several one game series and some weird situations where the team I was running would end up with 3 or 4 days off at a time. I'm not married to the series length. However, my playoffs are one round longer than normal so that's why I adjusted down to 148 games. If you know how to make the math work I am happy to adjust the number of games up if need be. I don't want more than 12-15 interleague games, though.

Thanks for the reply!