View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #61
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein View Post
How did you formulate the ballpark factors for this set?

I noticed a huge amount of homeruns at minute maid (Lee and Berkman both led the league) and I noticed the HR factor to be really high. I checked some other stadiums also, and while I don't remember the specific numbers on a lot of parks... I do remember Dodger Stadium to be like .400 for triples.

I always thought Gambos stadium spreadsheet was pretty solid - so I imported his numbers instead and got really good results. His numbers range mostly from .900 to 1.100 with a few exceptions (I think Joe Robbie, or whatever it's called these days, has a lower percentage for HR's and Avg... but it's still only about .800). Numbers in the .400's seem pretty extreme, though.

You did a really great job on the set as far as getting most of the transactions and contracts. It's definitely a playable 2007 Roster - thanks for the hard work!
I didn't do anything to the roster in terms of the stadiums. I will put on my list of updates to maybe include Gambos stadium spreadsheet. Not sure if i'm going to release an updated set. It will depend upon how darkclouds turns out and see how cubbys goes.
AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote