View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 05:21 PM   #3
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
You will get more than one chance anyway if f.e. you call for a steal ("4") and the runner doesn't go and the batter doesn't put the ball in play either.

I don't see the issue.
Hmm... ok maybe this is just because of the perspective I'm coming from. I never see the above happen. That is apparently because I am playing in "one pitch" mode where the AI makes all decisions. Certainly from that perspective you get my point? I'm basically just clicking "continue" for each batter and yet sometimes I have to click "continue" twice for a batter. Again, not like I'm really complaining about anything but I was just kind of confused.

Also I think I'm a bit confused about your example. If it is "one pitch" mode, and you ask your runner on first to try and steal, exactly when would the game pause for another action? It isn't like you pick a specific pitch to steal on, right? Aren't you just basically telling the runner that you want him to try and steal sometime during this plate appearance? So if the plate appearance isn't over, isn't the "steal" attempt still on?
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote