Thread: New features!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 09:55 PM   #387
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I think the game has gotten too static: too many of the Three True Outcomes for me. De juicing the ball would help with homeruns but K rates are nearing 1 per inning and I don’t have a great answer to fix that.
Agreed about the HR rate. Candidly, for me at least, I think highlight-reel outfield plays are fun and cool to see; I want to see more of those and more great fielding in general; it makes the game more dynamic in a way. So, I agree with your point that the whole HR or Strike-out thing gets a bit stale after a bit.

And the thrill of an HR, which in part, like soccer's point scoring rate, was related to the fact that it happens, but not too often; so it seems to be losing some of its glean. I guess, MLB really did have a good balance in the past.

But I think the HR rate is not just related to the ball; the changes (stitching and I think some internal issues?) are also being delivered into an age that from what I understand, now has smaller park dimensions on average, than at any time in MLB history. Also, add to that the power-pitchers that are now in vogue, and I guess you have what you see currently.

Anyway, you are right. No easy fix.

Last edited by Calvert98; 05-16-2019 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Added more thoughts...
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote