View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 08:50 AM   #177
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
This is nonsense. We released the features when we announced the game, both via newsletter and the forums: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=299260. We did not post the full changelist though (which is what I think you are referring to, and what Matt meant in the thread you pointed to), as we simply did not have time to track every single issue that we tackled, and that some changes are too complex to easily explain. That's all there is to it. It's not some "shady practice", you cannot be serious here. We have been developing this game for 20+ years now and I am pretty sure we have earned the trust of 99.99% of our customers during that time.
Is this your backwards way of saying “we can have off years because we we’ve built loyalty over 20 years?”
As evident by this now 9 page thread, all is not peachy amongst your “trusting” consumers. Complacency has began to pop up and the company line of “it’s just too hard......” has began to pop up more and more over the years. If making your consumers feel like their money was well spent has become too hard, perhaps you should begin looking for ways to make it less hard? Innovation has been lacking for 5+ years now and the game *will* grow stale. It’s the lifecycle of every business that fails to innovate until a competitor comes along and says with energy: “it’s not too hard for us!”

The feature list that was dropped in the newsletter has never been the comprehensive list, more has always been expected hence the reason for this thread.
I’m personally quite alright if the development resources are being diverted to something BIG in 2 years or 5 years but absent clear instruction of this, this years game has been the least innovative ever.

The game is fantastic. Nobody would say otherwise. But the year over year improvement, innovation and most troubling to me: transparency has all waned recently. I absolutely love the OOTP franchise, but I am not excited about the clear complacency that has taken over the franchise.

Love you, Marcus. I do not love the responses I’ll get promoting and defending the complacency that has consumed the innovation, improvement and transparency of the series. But again, do love and respect what you have done with this series for the majority of its existence.

Scold away, folks.