View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 04:23 AM   #171
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanstephans View Post
A few things to say here:

1. As a customer, I’m generally happy with this year’s version. There are things I would want to see changed, but that’s always going to be the case.

2. It was bad form to close the thread; and it was excellent form to recognize an error in judgment and reopen this thread. That tells me more than all other comments here about the value these forums offer the development team.

3. Listen, fellow consumers, we don’t have to agree or even come to consensus. Disagreement is healthy. Cognitive dissonance is valuable. Competing desires drive the marketplace. I couldn’t care less if some other consumer—who I will never meet—is upset with me or my take on an Internet forum for a game I’ve paid for, just like them. As such, let’s welcome all viewpoints that are not abusive in nature or full of personal attacks.

4. I’m not disappointed in OOTP XX. And I don’t disparage those who are. I can see AI improvements as I play my Manager Mode save. It’s made that mode really compelling for me. If you aren’t tinkering around with the specific modes where the AI changes are likely to be most visible, there’s a good chance you won’t see or feel the version update over 19.

5. I was skeptical of PT’s influence on the developers and their focus. I was wrong. I’ve discovered that I’m enjoying both the traditional format of the game and PT. I’ve even spent $20 out-of-pocket to buy some gold packs to jump-start my PT squad for the year. I won’t spend any more than that, but I’m looking at it as the cost of entertainment.

6. To the development team, you’ve created quite a product. You know that. It’s the reason we all congregate here. It’s the reason we all lay down money for an updated product year-after-year. With that comes expectations that will, at times, become unrealistic. Only you can decide where that line sits based on your current product and where you plan to take it. As long as you are mindful of your customers’ needs, you’ll continue to have this great gathering. But you already know that.

That’s all for now. Generally, I want to see and hear competing viewpoints—even those which are unflattering. I used to be an Assistant Principal and one of the things I was taught by a former supervisor was to simply shut up and let the other person vent and unload on me. Often times, that’s all they needed. They just wanted to be heard.
Thanks for the kind words!

Regarding disagreements, I am totally with you here. What makes me upset is when people post total falsehoods (OOTP XX is just a roster update or similar bull****) or just complain because apparently they like to complain (there are some good examples in the past dozen posts here in this thread ). When somebody attacks our product outside the bounds of reason I get mad... fortunately, our community is probably one of the top 1% game communities when it comes to manners and adequate tone, so I don't get mad that often