View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 12:14 PM   #26
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

I do weird things.
-First, I only play as an NL team. I like the extra strategy of the pitcher hitting.
-Second, I realized in OOTP19 that the reason I don't watch MLB games anymore.....all K's and HR's and shifts and Tommy John surgeries.....are rolling over into my OOTP experience.
-So......I use current rosters, but I alter the league totals for HR, Hits, Ks and starters IP to about where it was 20 years ago.
-The thing I didn't mess with last year....changing defensive tendencies to take the shift out. I think it's easy....just forgot about it.
-I then do 1 of 2 things. 1. Sim 5 years, find out which NL team had the worst overall record and start with them. Or....do an expansion. but, if I do this (unless they fixed it), I do it in steps. I protect 15 per team, do 1 round, manually choose 1 per team. then re-start, trade the guy I selected to the expansion team, protect 18, draft 1 more round. repeat. I find I have to do the protect lists myself too
-Then, I do some random bull**** to fill my minor leagues. basically moving a little talent from each team to the 2 expansion teams to make their systems a little below average.
-Then, trading on hard / favor prospects. I'm allowed 1 trade, 1 waiver pickup and 1 FA per month (unless the AI offers me a trade directly). Trades should either be right off the shop player, or 2 for 2 at most (I'll do a 3 for 3 sometimes).
-Every year, I have to be bottom 5 in payroll.
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote