Thread: Hey Michael...
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 04:04 PM   #24
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

I think there an an enormous obvious difference between madden graphics and XOR graphics. I dont think anyone has a realistic hope that a small company like OOTP (or really anyone outside of EA or 2K) should be making a madden style graphics. those are multi million dollar projects and beyond the scope

XOR 2D level would be fine. have the engine determine it is a 20 yard completion to the X and everyone kind of does their default pass movement - with only X and the CB covering him who makes the tackle being different. same play that results in a sack puts everyone on default except for the LB who makes the sack coming through and the QB getting sacked.

for me personally that would be great, but I would be fine with PC Action (pre 2D) or OOTP (pre 3D) level with the OOTP early versions element of roster management (FA, draft, etc)

to me the roster management especially the draft are the most important thing.

I like FOF, I hate the UI - but it is always the lackluster draft and poor coach hiring mechanics that drive my loss of interest.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah