View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 12:02 PM   #12
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Winter View Post
I think mock drafts could be a fun feature but they are not a priority right now. It would certainly add to the overall atmosphere within the game, but they really wouldn't serve any other purpose. Real GMs wouldn't ever tell you how they approach the draft, but they certainly don't care for what the journalists have to say. This is purely for the fans. The fans love that kind of stuff, so they keep getting more of it every year. As a GM you need to make up your own mind where players actually fit.

We are playing around with the idea to add some real "fog of war" to the game. For the draft this would mean that you wouldn't know anything more than the combine results, the college stats, the health status and the trouble a player got into. I believe that character is a huge issue in football, so interviews at the combine and having players coming over for a visit would be very important in order to make sure you don't draft someone with poor work ethics or with little social competence. We probably won't be able to put all of that into the first version of the game, but this certainly is the long term plan.
This would be a good feature. I think adding what the college's competition was would go along with this.