View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #48
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
I play baseball for my high school team. Last year, as a freshman on the freshman team (yes I am 15), I would be DHed for every single game. I am a not a pitcher, but a great fielding second baseman who can't hit for anything. So, the guy who can't field but can hit really well DHed for me. Also, there was another freshman pitcher last year, Danny Boehmer, that was so good that he was the #1 pitcher on the varsity team. He was DHed for EVERY SINGLE GAME, which led to 3 plate appearances the entire year. I would assume the same is happening with guys across the country, and when the Danny Boehmers make the major leagues, they will have gone almost 10 years without hitting in a live game, give a few Pas here and there.

SO: Do I like the DH? No. Do I want in baseball? No. Should it be in baseball? Yes. The disaster that the implantation of the DH 40 years ago ruined player development so much that it can not be changed now. If pitchers continue to not hit until they play in the National League, then I see no reason why there shouldn't be a DH in the NL too.
lol, leave it to a 15 year old to begin to change my mind. I am inclined to agree with you. However, I still wouldn't want a DH. This has been a very good thread. there's a lot of great points

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote