View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #97
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Is this for 2013 or previous years?
I was the only one doing those stats at that time and it was in excess of 300 hours work. Markus wanted to list all stats for defunct teams as 0 (no team) I chose to keep them with the most precise team as possible and leave it up to the user to lookup the player to find the correct team as I believe it's the stats that are importand not the team played for. If there was a current team name with the same name as a defunct team, I used that. If an organization's team was no longer, I used there team that replaced it or one in the closest level that matched. So teams may not match the acutal organization or level. Hopefully some day we can keep old team IDS rather than replacing them with new team names/affiliations.
Also, I'm bound to make a mistake or 2 when figuring stats for over thousands of players and having to depend on other people's/sites's data.
If I remember what he told me last year it was just that a couple years worth of stats for a couple MiLB teams got duplicated somehow. Maybe from like 2009 or something.

No big deal, I honestly didn't even think it was a big enough issue to bother you with or work much on myself..
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote