View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 11:52 PM   #28
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
Spot on. Text based sims have always been about getting the playability right before anything else.
OK, I'll say it one more time. You talk about getting the playability right, and I AGREE, I HAVE ALWAYS AGREED, and I WILL ALWAYS AGREE!!! But I note that you talked about getting the playability right before anything else. What you didn't say was to get it right instead of anything else. I am advocating playability and graphic quality both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
They do not have to have fancy graphics of any sort to sell well at all. If that was the case then the examples put forward by Ambermonk would of made Maximum football a big selling simulation.
I disagree with you. Maximum football had a wonderful graphic package (and it was fast). Their problem was that they didn't have anyone there who could build a game around it. Graphics without a game is even worse than a game without graphics. What I have advocated all along was to have both.