View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #70
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

I believe that each game upgrade is a vast improvement over all prior versions and I rarely look back.

I kind of miss the ability to have an individual player focus on a certain area during spring training. But that's really no big deal.

The one thing that I have missed and still miss is the style and appearance of the Version 5 game (I'm pretty sure that's the right version). In particular I liked the classic skin.

That version, with the classic skin gave me the sense that it was built with wood (e.g. baseball bat) and grass. At the top was a nice banner with a collage of real life player photos.

That game brings back a lot of memories. The visual impact of that version in particular, "hooked" me as a perennial user. Every time I fired the game up I was pleased visually by what was presented to me on the screen.

I think the decision to reduce the banner size was appropriate, in order to present more information about the game universe. This is what most users want most of the time. However, screen sizes have grown. I, for one, would be willing to sacrifice some of my huge screen size for a banner like version 5 had. Of course this would need to be a user option right next to the screen resolution choice.

I currently use the "OOTP 13 classic" skin. It is nice, but does not live up to what existed in version 5 in my opinion.

I am glad that you have asked about feedback on Art & Design. Thank-you! I believe that is a great sign that this game will continue heading in good places. I have provided my 2 cents for now. Maybe later I'll provide some additional ideas.

Last edited by jmknpk2; 08-19-2012 at 05:07 PM.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote