View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #9
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitiaki View Post
You'd want to run Cato on each of the 39 seasons, I'm afraid (which means you'll need the end-of-season league file {the one where the "Proceed to Next Season" button appears} for each season). Part of the reason Cato was created in the first place was to store data that OOTP "forgot" after every season. Your 2006 league file, for instance, doesn't have a clue what anyone's fielding stats were for 2005 and earlier. Or, more critically, what the final standings were for previous seasons.

The converter itself would work with only the one season of data, but you'd only get full information for that single season, which isn't really all that much of a boost.

- Kai
True. I'd want to bring in the whole history. I know cato is a bit of a PITA to do, but that would be incredibly cool and I can finally stop harassing Marcus about it.

Luckily, I had the foresight to back up my end of season files every year starting from 1970 onward, so this is entirely possible. If not time consuming, no? I'd have to think anyone who already has a catobase of their league is in great shape now with this update.
ootpFox07 is offline   Reply With Quote