View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

The way I would change 1960 to 1985 is to sim ahead to a day or two before the season is supposed to start. I would then check the box for "automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy." I would then change the year from 1960 to 1985, initiating the game to run the calculations(status bar runs across top of screen). Once the calculations are completed, I would remove the check from the "automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy" box and proceed to opening day.

Now, when I play the season, the box is going to say 1960 or 61 or whatever the actual year is I'm playing, but as long as I did the above and the computer did the calculations, I'm using 1985.

The league I'm currently playing, I started in 1978. I used 1978 for the first few seasons. Now I'm using a 1978-1984(excluding 1981). At the end of each season, I use a random number generator(1-6) to determine what season's modifiers the upcoming season will use.

If you do use this method, make sure you uncheck the box for "automatically adjust" after the game runs the calculations and before you proceed to opening day. Very important, because if that box remains checked the game will run the calcs again and you will be back to the actual year of your game...in your case 1960.

Last edited by David Watts; 07-07-2017 at 10:03 AM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote