View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #28
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I agree. Let us customize our historical games to our liking.

I think historical play has become way too constricted over the last two versions of OOTP. I used to love to create my own fictional historical leagues. Zero out all stats and erase all history. For instance, I could create a league in 1921 and all players would begin with no stats. Maybe I want the league to start with 12 teams instead of 16. Problem is, you can't do things like this anymore due to a bug fix. I'm glad the bug was fixed, but fixing that bug took away a very fun way of playing the game. Right now, as an example, say you created a league in 1918. When you create your league, Johnny Evers isn't going to exist, because he missed 1918-1921. But, when you get to 1922, Johnny is going to appear.....thing is, he's going to appear with all his statual glory. So, if you zeroed out stats and started fresh, your 1922 career leader board is going to be owned by Johnny Evers. Ole Johnny is going to have all those stats from 1902 through 1917, while the rest of your league only has the 4 seasons played.
Yes, I do the same things (actually I add more teams) and noticed the same thing a couple of versions ago. I did a search on all players who were out for the year, and used the import player function to import them in the start year, and then delete the history before starting the league.

I have the list of players you would need to import for a 1977 start if anyone wants them/needs to save time/research
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote