View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 10:21 PM   #27
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I am still wondering about this. You could argue that players with higher potential, but not good enough for their current minor league level simply shouldn't be there.
this is a true statement.

however, if you look at how each works, you'll see one results in lesser potential players starting over higher potential players and one is much less likely for this to occur. (ignores scouting inaccuracy effects)

will it hinder "many" prospects using current? probably not. will it hinder "more" than the alterantive option? most definitely.

but yes, most of the time it may not matter. anytime a fresh promotion is given to a borderline player, they will be one of the types affected. also, anytime the 2 ore more players' potential/current ability are too close that how the AI handles them is incongruent with your preference.

how we promote players would exagerate or minimize this effect further. e.g. i like to promote ASAP - bigger problem for me..

i think i hit on it o nteh previous but will repeat anyway - best is to use current ability and lock/force roles for your "important" players.... but the AI will lose out on more prospects since they won't catch the higher-rated ones that slip through the logic of the "current" setting and therefore your league too... didn't think of that drawback above.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-20-2016 at 10:23 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote