View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 10:54 PM   #23
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
Right, I get that. My question is where do the managers get each player's ratings from? They have weights on things like power and speed and what-not but where do they get the actual ratings values for each players attributes? The human gets their ratings from their scouts evaluation of the players ratings. Do the managers also? That seems likely to me. Otherwise the AI managers would be getting their ratings from either their own crappy scouting ratings or from the 'real' numbers. So I see the scouts evaluation of every player in my organization as "the organization's final opinion on the current ratings of this player". Then the AI managers are basing their decisions off of these numbers.
you'll also see other sliders that could affect the manager. how much he values a scout vs stats, which i think is most relevant to you question. not sure if this is seen in the coac profile... may need comissioner mode and editor. think of those settings as different shades of the overall league setting for AI Evaluation. or any other slider for that matter as a counterpart.

Other things will affect the lineup and how the coach values various players. e.g. a power hitting focus will result in a different lineup than neutral.

i don't know if the ai sees ratings that are more accurate or more of the same, relative to scouting accuracy. i'm pretty sure they get inaccurate info relative to budgets just as a human would.

Last edited by NoOne; 09-24-2016 at 10:56 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote