View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachtim30 View Post
I apologize if this question has been on here before, but I'd like to know if it's possible in OOTP 15 to take historical players off their team and draft them onto completely different teams? Instead of playing the '27 Yankees against the '32 Cardinals, I would like to have to have the opportunity to take 200 or so greats from the past and distribute them onto 10-12 teams and then play a league.

Is this possible in OOTP 15?
Yes its possible.
A few ways to do this
1. Random Debut start a historical season at the year of your choosing and draft any player from history that you want., You can even choose the years you want them to start from. or end at.
2. Play the Seamheads Cooperstown quickstart available from the quickstart menu.
3. make a text file from baseball reference.com of the 200 players you want and put them into the Inaugural Draft ( might want to delete the fictional players 1st) So Babe Ruth vs albert Pujols vs Jeter vs Banks vs Cap Anson. see attached.
For the text file you want the shtml line from baseball ref. so ruth would be ruthba01, year that you want. i like bringing in players as rookies or their 1st full season then choosing remaining years of career.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MLB 2006.txt (47 Bytes, 354 views)
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 09-27-2014 at 11:11 AM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote