View Single Post
Old 12-09-2001, 05:47 AM   #6
Peterk
Minors (Triple A)

Alright, looks like maybe we're getting somewhere!
I have no experience in running something like this (although I have been in my share of fantasy leagues with card games - so I have a clue) so it should be interesting.

I've also tried to get in touch with the guy who tried to start the other league a few months ago to see if him and his 1 (!!!) other owner would be interested.

Maybe we can bounce some ideas around. What I've been thinking is:

1. 8 team league, in 2 divisions. 2 human, 2 computer in each division. The bad part about this is there is only one possibility for human/human teams playing one another; but the computer's a competent GM so it shouldn't be a big deal. We could also dump all teams in one division but then there's no world series at the end, which I don't like.

Ideal would be if we could get 8 human players, then a 16 team league (2 divs of 8) would work really well.

2. Totally fictional league, starting in 2000, with salaries and coaching/scoutung enabled.

3. 81 game season with playoffs.

4. We'd do the first 25 rounds of the draft live one weekend afternoon in a chatroom or ICQ and then the computer finishes up for everyone.

5. No DL in either division unless a majority of people are against, then DL in both divisions.

6. Generic ballparks to even the playing field, again, unless a majority of people are against.

7. Files have to be submitted on a series by series basis, which keeps the local stats on everyone's PC pretty current and the play by play descriptions of streaks/leaders should be very accurate. Of course this means that one slow manager will hold the whole league up. I'd expect a series to be played every 3 days max.

I'm open to any suggestions whatsoever though.

PS. I kinda miss Dokken. Are they still bouncing around?

[ December 09, 2001: Message edited by: Peterk ]</p>
Peterk is offline   Reply With Quote