View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #19
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
I don't want to ask the admins to disable mass PMs just because one user may or mat not be abusing the feature. I'm curious though.. you admin a vbulletin board, is it possible to just disable mass PM sending for select users? I wouldn't necessarily ask them that we do that, but I wonder if it is at least an option.

For anybody who is wondering what you can do to avoid these PMs, you have 3 options as far as I know (all of which you can do from the User CP link above then selecting Edit Options):

-disable PMs entirely
-disable PMs from users other than contacts and mods
-ignore select users (recommended)
Why?

There are not even 10 people doing this. As far as I can see it is one user and he is new. Why can't a mod contact him via PM and suggest a better course of action.

A short time ago I started a risky thread that could have been nasty. A mod contacted me while deleting the post and explained his reasoning. I agreed and my temporary lack of manners was finished. I'm not sure why 10's or 100's of posters should have to put one guy on ignore in this case.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote