View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #18
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djday45 View Post
Well Fitz is a boxer puncher, so is adaptable against him. As you know you cant use an individuals ratings in isolation but as a whole group of fighters and how they interact against each other.

I agree with you about Jeffries one hundred percent, Most skilled fighters gave Sharkey problems if they were able to stand up to him for a few rounds, this was due to his general lack of technical skill and defense, which is handsomely represented in the rating.

You will find with this rating of sharkey if you run it extensively that he will overwhelm most lower rated guys of the era as he did in reality but when he comes up against the cream of the division due to his didtinct weaknessess he will struggle. He may outlast them on occassion but guys like Corbett, Fitz and Jeffries will prevail but after a hell of a fight.

I will do Jeffries, Fitz and Joe next so you can compare. Thks for the feedback Cap your extensive knowledge of the era and feeback, even critical will only improve my ratings which is great.
Don't mean to be too critical. I know I used to rate the Sailor much more highly than I do now after more detailed analysis of the period.

Cap