View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 04:40 PM   #1
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

Trading in ootp 21

I think every player always wants to crete more immersion in their worlds. I think the in game news service (BNN) could accomplish that when it comes to trading.

I would like to see news alerts or insider leaks or GM memos generating some type of interest. Currently, if I want a 2B for example, I fill out a trade need and then I begin to field offers as teams send them in. However, how cool would it be if say a teams GM sends your Gm or to all GM's a memo saying the team is looking for some more power from the left hand side. Or we are looking for a defensive depth. I realize that within the trade screen I can see an organization's strengths and weaknesses based on the dots but I just think it would be so much more immersive if we had some type of hype machine in BNN. Why can't BNN reporters produce stories based on teams needs? EX: Word out of (team X) is that they will be sellers at the deadline?

Owner goals could be factored in. Ex: Your owner comes to you and says our rival just picked up a stud closer, I would like to see you make a move to increase our run-production. Or the reverse, you go to the owner and say our rival did X, can you loosen the purse strings so we can compete.

To me BNN needs a facelift and trading feels so im-personal. Something like this checks a lot of boxes pretty easily since the logic is already included in the game, we are just creating another level to bring it to the player. Thoughts anyone?

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote