View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 06:53 PM   #13
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Hypothetical: you're a strong perfect team, and it would take 50k to upgrade a spot on your team, but you refuse to spend a penny more on the game. Would you rip a few packs or save up for 6-8 weeks till you might be able to afford something in the auction house?
That's not really a good question to ask me as I am an extreme F2Per who has zero issue with saving for months or even years -- I am willing to tank 52 weeks and play a full 40 rating lineup for that long if it's legal and there are rewards to be had to play like that. Sam Hinkie is my spirit GM.

But from a more neutral standpoint, I think it depends on your mindset, your level of patience and how EV-oriented you are:

1. "I am impatience and I want immediate boost". Bank on the packs. OR better, crack your wallet.
2. "I think this is the the ceiling of my team. Anything above that is a gift". Bank on the packs.
3. "There are only 40+ weeks before OOTP21 and I could care less about this one after that. I think I have more chance to get more upgrades with packs than 6-8 weeks saving of each". Bank on the packs.
4. "I just want the safest, risk-free way to improve". Saves, and maybe roam the market daily to see if you can find whatever cards you want selling for below market rate.
5. "I don't know when the tournaments will come, and I think saving it up could help me in expanding my card pool by then. I am quite positive I will enjoy tournaments". Saves, but don't feel bad to spend them if tournament is not implemented by September.
6. "I have no idea, but I am not impatient". Well, save up and wait.
7. "I like opening packs, it's the most fun part of the game". Don't let anything change your opinion, pack it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Out of curiosity, where do all those historical 100s in the AH come from?

Is someone printing them in their basement? I pulled a 100 Clemens with my money team and at the time he was going for a pretty penny. More than I would have paid.
Mikecouil is presenting an extreme scenario, which could or could not have happened, but it could be. Anyway, packs are going to be opened no matter what. Different people prioritize and believe in different things. That's good for the game though. Like an actual market, you need different type of people to make it work. Suppliers and buyers are all needed.

Last edited by Goliathus; 05-15-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote