View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 04:23 PM   #1
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

To rip packs or not to rip packs

That is the question.

I've been mainly using in-game PP to upgrade players. I've spent a few $$ here and there to rip packs too because, well, it's fun, but in general I feel like I've been able to improve the team faster by spending PP in the Auction House. My teams have been pretty competitive in iron and silver - Bees and Giants doing okay in gold at the moment.

Yesterday, I decided, what the heck, and I ripped two packs using earned PP and got a nice diamond Jose Ramirez 96 which is a nice upgrade for my middling Thieves. Then I ripped four packs for my Giants, got a Feller 92 and another high gold which I turned around and sold for a nice profit.

So, as my teams are promoted into Gold and beyond, I have a feeling I'm going to start hitting the wall in terms of competing for a playoff spot, and it's going to take a LONG time to acquire PP to upgrade to higher level players. My Giants are a Negro League theme team which makes it even harder. I don't want to dump much more real $$ into the game at this point

I was thinking about just ripping packs the rest of the way in hopes of hitting a few high level cards. But maybe I just got lucky yesterday.

Thoughts? Rip packs or just let the PP roll in over time?
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote