View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 08:41 AM   #50
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The idea is to do what we can independent of OOTP to make things better and hopefully get more users so we can ask for a few changes in 19 or 20. Baby steps.
Things we can do ourselves seem to be
1) As played Schedules - These existed as a mod before OOTP changed to the XML schedule format. If they don't exist in the new format perhaps they can be updated?
2) Real transactions seem to exist but they may need to be put in the OOTP format and then sent to the transaction guru (M'sRule) for inclusion. Currently OOTP blocks transaction data pre-1901 so we would need the development teams help to make this functional.
3) Convert to the real number of teams in a year and real team names which are two things I can do.
4) Change the Franchise ID's to be consistent would be another that would just be to help new users as the blinking off and on of franchises seems to be a big turnoff. This is another thing I could do.

Unless I am missing something the rest of the items noted in this post would require actions by the OOTP development team. The only one I am confident they will take action on is the 1901 AL league history bug.
The as-played schedules are still there, but they don't work because the historical league structure is different from the structure provided in default OOTP. You gave me an idea when you said that the as-played schedules use the team names rather than numbers. What if you just change the heading on the schedule and try to fool the game into accepting it?
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote