View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 05:29 PM   #47
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
True if we go by ootp's fictional expansion. But in the real thing there was expansion as Middletown Mansfield and 2 teams from Brooklyn wefe new in 1872. Now i did edit the teams csv file to get the correct historical teams to import. But its just strange that the rookies import ok but the game turns the teams that didn't fold into inactivated teams.
Not sure why it's happening but it worked correctly in 17. Only difference is maybe it wasn't the database obd file but the layman one in which I had edited the league abbreviations in the teams, batting, pitching and fielding can.
I'll see if I can repeat how I did it with 17.
Sorry just a little frustrated.
Lahman files are no longer ootp compatible. Using them can blow you up in all sorts of interesting ways. Plus there are a number of files that interconnect that would all need to change. 11 of them as I disremember. Then those would need to become part of the larger ODB file or the game will not fully load and even more interesting things happen if it does not.

That is why I am working on creating a Spritze database for you guys. It won't be perfectly historical (yet) nor editable (because it can't be anymore) but it will be closer to history than what is in place now.