Thread: Bug
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterm726 View Post
I've encountered this bug a few times, but I'm still not exactly sure what happens. Basically, the game will start with a bunch of runs already on the board, possibly the same score as the previous game. The box score ends up being normal, but the end result and scoreboard are affected by this. Also, my team ends up with an extra game played every time this happens, so I keep ending the season with 163 or 164 games played.

Here's a screenshot. As you can see, the Tigers only have 6 hits in the box score, but 15 on the scoreboard.

Like I said, I never know when this will happen until the game starts, so it's hard to tell what conditions are causing it, and some of the details of what happens. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll update this when I encounter the bug again.
I had this bug happen again. This time, though, I was able to predict the problem BEFORE it happened. Unfortunately, I had to go into the game in order to verify it but here's the scenario:
  • It was the third game after the All-Star break. I lost the first two games against the best team in the league (I was the second best team in the league, leading the East division), the second one by 10-0.
  • I played the third game. I remembered thinking that this wasn't going to be good for me, as I was starting Frank Tanana, a decent but not spectacular starter, against their pitcher (Mario Soto) who was 14-3 with an ERA under 2. Well, I won! And I think it may have been 5-3, but I'm not sure. But I remember that I knocked their ace out of the game in about the fifth inning while my starter went further.
  • I remember checking the Schedule in the Manage Team screen and seeing the three games (two losses followed by the one win).
  • I don't know if I saved the game (but the game seems to save itself constantly). I don't know if I advanced to the next day.
  • I did other stuff in other apps for a few hours.
  • I restarted iOOTP.
  • I went to play a game. I noticed that the starters were the same guys who started my game earlier in the day! So, I thought that I might be running across the bug mentioned in this thread.
  • I backed out of the game before the first pitch.
  • I went to the Schedule in the Manage Team screen. My third game (the one I won with Frank Tanana) was gone!
  • I restarted my iPhone.
  • I reentered iOOTP.
  • The Schedule was still missing my third game.
  • I went into the game. Frank Tanana and Mario Soto were still the starters.
  • Well, I figured that I was doomed to restart the game. So I threw the first pitch. I was ahead by 1 run. This may have been the same score as the now-lost game but I have no way of verifying.
  • Tanana lasted one inning before being exhausted.
  • In a large injustice, Soto was able to go 8 innings of 1 run ball!
  • I lost 8-7, having to deplete my bullpen.
  • In looking at the line score, it showed 8 runs for my opponent while I scored 7 runs.
  • In looking at the pitching results, my opponent only gave up 1 run and I only gave up 3 (enough to lose). In looking at the batting results, the RBIs and Runs Scored agreed with the pitching results. Both of these reflected the actual play of the game I just played (where I had to yank my starter after 1 inning).
I have screenshots, as usual, to back this up.

Adding another twist, I took a look at other screenshots that I made when the bug happened in two other games. EVERY ONE OF THEM involved Frank Tanana!

Now, it's not just tied to Frank Tanana, since I had this bug happen in another game that didn't have him in the league. But this is just weird.

Developers, PLEASE tell me that this now gives you enough info to find the bug! Again, I am more than willing to help with this if it can't be duplicated on your end.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote