View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #52
Count_Herout
Minors (Single A)

Question New Racial & Ethnic Categories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dewey View Post
Instead of "Skin Color" on the information page have it change "ethnicity" and allow the blank space to be typed in. There was a time when being Irish, Italian or Jewish was considered important. Also, in the bios, I'd like to see a fighter's real name if known mentioned. For instance who is Zulu Kid, etc. There are many fighters from past versions of the game who no longer appear in the ratings. This especially applies to some of the fighters from the DOS version of the game. It would be nice to resurrect these if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dewey View Post
John Dewey

While on this subject, I recently ran across a female fighter named Cheyenne Strongbull -- Native American. Technically, they're Asian but not "Asian" as in Chinese -- they lack the epicanthic fold over the eye and commonly lack visible facial hair. There really ought to be a separate listing for them. Also, many Mexicans are 50/50 -- half Spanish, half Amerind. On this continent, they ae called Mestizos. Perhaps we should add a "mixed" catagory. Finally, I ran into a woman named Santana who was born on Guam. This can be noted on the "nationality" entry but not the "race" entry. Like Amerinds, Pacific Islanders are distinct though not numerous; some are part Hispanic, but others are pure.

Arbie
Count_Herout is offline   Reply With Quote