View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #55
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I was saving up to buy either Lee Smith or maybe a #2 SP, like Pedro (a longer wait and I'm a wee bit impatient), but instead I saw 100 Boggs for a price I liked and bought him. So much for getting another pitching upgrade. But I'm pleased, nevertheless. I did add Hoffman to the bullpen and now with Boggs in the lineup, our defense will be a bit weaker (but it's generally 1st or 2nd and 3B was a weak spot even before him), but he fits our offense so well. He hits for a nice average consistently and gets on base about as well as Ruth and Appling.

Interestingly, once I got him he already had stats, while it normally only shows them after 1 game day. Turns out, the Utica Unicorns who are in our conference, was the previous owner. He was having his worst season ever for them (.231 AVG) so that might have had something to do with them selling him. Regardless, I'm confident he'll do well for us. In his 1st game this morning, he went 3 for 5 with a D and 2 RBI so a nice start there.

I keep waiting for us too cool off, but that hasn't happen yet. We're over .800 which might have happened this late once before and our RDiff is +293 (593 pace).
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 10-10-2019 at 10:20 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote