View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 10:02 AM   #17
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I'm 65, I don't like it when they change from traditional baseball. They are ruining it. Like automatic walks (throw the damn ball, sh!t does happen). And next year they are going to one one pitcher change per inning to "speed up the game". Why? Stupidity really!
Round and round we go

Traditional baseball like: no mitts, batters telling pitchers where to pitch the ball, first to 21 wins, batter out if the fielder catches the ball on one hop, etc...?

People tend to subjectively like the version of things the way they where when they were going up. But don't confuse that with thinking it was objectively better.

I'm less than 65 years old. I love innovation in the game. Openers, defensive shifts, new metrics, creative use of players and roster spots. Though, I think that has less to do with age than the type of person you are.

As for launch angle and strike outs, those are direct results of pitchers being better - throwing harder, using analytics to refine their pitches and usage. It's too hard to get 3 or 4 or 5 hits in San inning to score. Better to go up and swing for the fences.
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote