View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomcoach View Post
I'm not too far behind you age wise, 60 in my case. Part of me feels like you do, but part of me also remembers that at one point no-one used cut-off men and at one point there were only three infielders and the short fielder played an intermediate outfield position.

I don't want to think of myself as the guy who would gave grumbled, "In my day it was YOUR job to throw the %$#^ ball to the plate, not pansy-ass it to the shortstop!"

I may also be willing to accept new strategies more because I am a fan of a small market team and if we can't get 5 good starters, or a 2nd baseman who can hit both right-handers and lefties I am happy with a strategy that will leverage what we have into more wins!
Hey, I'm younger than you guys and even me sometimes feels that some of these strategies are just a little too out there. Although for me, it's more of the minor league/tournament extra-inning rule where runners start on the bases, as well as some of the really excessive shifts (although the other side of me thinks of how cool it is to experiment with 4-OF configurations, or 5 infielders).

As for openers, while a couple years ago we weren't sure if it was a thing or just a fad, and that it was limited to what previously were simply called "bullpen games", it's definitely becoming more and more of a thing.

But of course, if you don't like it, there's a reason why there's a league setting that you can disable it.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote