View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 06:54 AM   #532
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 21st, 1987

It is my first game with the Phoenix Firebirds. In fact, in is my first minor league game ever.

I am with some familiar faces. Fran Mullins, Eddie Milner... Bryan Hockerson is pitching.

We are facing the Albuquerque Dukes on the road and Dennie Powell is pitching.

Phoenix is a pretty good team, going 70-39 so far.

I opened the game vs Powell by grounding out to Jeff Hamilton at 3rd.

I got the 2nd out in the bottom half, off a fielder's choice ball by Hamilton.

In the 2nd I was pivot on a Miscik - Priske - Litton double play to get Tony Brewer and Darrell Porter to end the inning.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and Bobby Miscik on 1st. I hit another one to Hamilton but this time it was an infield single. We were left.

We got things going in the 4th when Phil Oullette and Greg Litton scored on a single by Alonzo Powell and then Powell scored on a single by Bobby.

Firebirds lead 3-0

I led off the 5th by hitting another weak one, this time back to the pitcher, and outrunning it for a single. I stole 2nd with one out. I moved to 3rd on a groundout by Craig Grebeck and scored on a Kelvin Torve single.

Firebirds lead 4-0

In the 6th Greg scored on a single by Bobby. I came up with one out, Alonzo on 2nd, and Bobby on 1st. Steve Cummings was now pitching. I hit it back to Cummings who got Bobby at 2nd for a fielder's choice.
Alonzo scored and I went to 3rd on a single by Eddie Milner! That was it.

Firebirds lead 6-0

I got the 1st out in the bottom of the 7th off a grounder by Chuck Lynn.

I came up with one out in the 8th. Larry Pashnick was brought in to face me. I flew out to Gregg Ritchie in left.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half off a grounder by Joe Vavra.

In the 9th Kelvin Torre scored on a double by Phil. Phil scored on a single by pinch hitter Charles Kinard.

Firebirds lead 8-0

I caught a pop up by pinch hitter Luis Natera for the 1st out in the bottom half. Bryan struck out the last two guys to nail down his shutout.

I went 2 for 5 with two singles, a run scored, and a stolen base.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote