View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 04:45 PM   #100
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaReynolds View Post
For some reason when I use the HS database nobody shows up in the amateur draft.

I started the league in 1901 with an inaugural draft. Amateur draft date set to December 15th (default) with draft pool reveal date set to 30 days before the draft. When the draft pool is revealed there are no names there. On draft day there is no draft pool. It seems the 1902 amateurs are getting dumped into the free agent pool on the first day of the off-season.

So, I figured maybe it has something to do with the draft pool being revealed after the off-season starts. For the next season I changed it to be revealed around October 1st. Same result. Rookies get dumped into the free agent pool and there is no draft.

Started the league all over again and tried having a draft in the middle of the season. Same thing happened. In 1905, Ty Cobb entered the free agent pool with 97 days of service time and was not on the top prospect list going into the next season.

Not sure if this is the database or an issue with the game itself, I was playing 1901 with the standard database before but I was playing out every game and never got to the first amateur draft to see if this issue occurs using both databases.
This is a bug since OOTP17. I do not know what changed in the program nor how to fix it. Whatever year you start in there is no draft in year 1. It is the main reason I stopped updating the Spritze database.