View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 02:41 AM   #98
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Fred Goldsmith debuts in 1875. Only one in the database. No change made.
Thanks for checking. Not sure how i got 2 Fred Goldsmiths. I went back and replayed the years and this time only one appeared.

Gotta say i am up to 1879 and i have yet to see a roster crash.
Keep in mind i am playing with the same league format and actual rosters. I think its running better than my previous one because this time
i didn't release players after last game played but just let the game release them at the end of the year.
The game should even it out by playing the player close to his amount of games depending on injuries on the roster.

But i think the extra players you mentioned should help and are needed if you play a different schedule. Since some teams didn't play a full season.

I have found that league history will show deleted players. This would affect creating a 3rd league like the UA because you would either have duplicate players or if you delete them and move the imported players to the UA the deleted players show up in league history. Otherwise i dont think it would be a problem.

Boston won 4 of the 5 championships from 1871-1875 and Al Spalding had 197 wins to lead the National Association.
Its a little bit of work but once i set everything in my spreadsheet its just a matter of proceeding to each date.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote