View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #10
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerDuckson View Post
I just keep my ticket prices low. Low ticket prices = guaranteed fan attendance if you've are doing marginally okay. It's better to have, 47,500 fans coming to your game paying $25 instead of 25,000 paying $35
*just realized i don't use revenue sharing on ticket revenue* more for previous statements on t his topic than this reply. that's not default and some small effects.

If your concern is only attendance - that is a great strategy. i do love simple / low maintenance. If you don't want an extra 20-40M in revenue, then none of this will matter to you, however, it's still useful for others.

despite the math you show, you are leaving income on the table. in many instances that's pretty important to running a team in the video game. (fyi: in some years $35 will also be max capacity, not half full as in your example)

how would you use an extra 20-40M in revenue?

guesstimate: in 'better' stretches of years you should be able to reach ~130-140M with that stadium in gate and season ticket revenue while maintaining max capacity. (educated guess relative to my stadium size)

If you are a super team winning 120+/yr and more every year, then you can make ~180+M off that stadium. (at some point you can get ticket prices as high as ~$45-50 for the avereage season and gate price.)

The more rational revenue total is likely 20-40M above what you make at $25 a ticket in a season. if not, then you know it's not worth the effort.

($25 is 100M in that stadium? without revenue sharing) revenue = wins
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote