View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Here's a further review of FHM - and probably the most positive I've seen thus far.

GM Games (83%)
Link: Review of Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 (PC, Mac)
Overall Score: 83%
Gameplay Score: 85%
Customisation Score: 95%
Replayability Score: 78%
Presentation Score: 75%
Summary:
Quote:
Positives:
- Realism, Deep Analysis, Watch Games
- Customization Features
- Sky High Potential

Negatives:
- Lack of short-cuts for important pages
- Scouting is off for a few players
- Annoying small issues like lists unsorting

This game is still in its early stages, so it may have a few growing pains, but it already has a strong foundation. The potential is sky high, and could become the best hockey simulation game out there, but they aren't quite there yet. Stick with it, and the process will be rewarding when the game is more polished, and at a higher calibre of play.

EDIT: And here's two more:

TWS Critic (6/10)
Link: http://twscritic.com/2014/03/31/pc-g...ockey-manager/
Score: 6 / 10
Summary:
Quote:
When I first played FHM months ago, I had problems with the game randomly crashing, but I am happy to report that hasn’t been an issue after their latest patches. That is one significant plus in regards to this simulator — it has a dedicated development team supporting it, and it is constantly releasing patches to improve the overall experience. There is still a lot of work to be done, especially in terms of computer AI and team management (not to mention an overhaul of the play-by-play system), but it is promising that major updates are still being delivered.

There is a ton of potential within Franchise Hockey Manager, but it could have arguably used some more time in development before its initial release. It’s still very much a work in progress, and it requires a bit of patience. Hardcore hockey fans should give it a look, as it is still capable of whetting your appetite, but I would recommend downloading the free trial first. Even with its issues, I am remaining optimistic for future iterations. If anyone is capable of making a top-class hockey simulator, it is the folks at Out of the Park Developments.

Eight Out of Eight Reviews
Link: http://www.outofeight.info/2014/03/f...-gameplay.html
Score: n/a
Summary:
Quote:
The game features a simulation of 23 major and minor hockey leagues from around the world, using opening day or recent rosters from the current season. You can also start a historic NHL season or customize a league. The interface has some inconsistencies, as the same action can be performed in some screens but not others. Simulating the entire world also takes a significant amount of time for each day, making the most developed mode almost unplayable. There is also no interaction during bland games that feature significant pauses every time something is added to the text play-by-play. The AI managers are passable and the simulation does produce plausible results. Franchise Hockey Manager may be a quality product in a couple of years, but this first iteration can't be recommended.

Last edited by archibalduk; 04-07-2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Added 2 further reviews
archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote