View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #17
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Thorp View Post
Maybe I'm way off here, but the OOTP series has progressed way beyond the part time endeavor that many sports sims are, and it isn't too much to ask that the developers provide a thorough, in depth manual.
Perhaps not too much to ask but IMO one must consider the cost/benefit of the work. As a long time customer of OOTPD I'm completely OK with the manual being a lower (lowest) priority vs patches and other in game work. I'd certainly like to see what a bigger sample of customer opinion is though.

To give you some perspective I work for a billion++ corporation and some of our user manuals are not up to date. What we do instead is issue bulletins. Far less work but it covers critical information quickly.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote