View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 03:36 AM   #17
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you already use the highest reso. 1month or every 2 months..

bi-monthly is every 2 months, i'm fairly sure... unfortuantely that word means both. context is the key.. unless they retardedly put htem out of numerical order on the screen and in the dropdown box.

with defaults, raitngs are the strongest correlation to success and can be proven mathematically. it's like betting against the odds in vegas if you do otherwise... or using the osa over your own better funded scout.. or using just "overall" to make a decision.. all the same logic and why not to do that.

you'd need ~1000AB at AAA && consistent current ratings (good luck on that last one) to be able to use those stats as any indication of MLB success in an accurate way.

i wouldn't use that 45contact guy as a primary backup, but as a backup playing 30-40 games, no problem.. he's easily as good as any other backup catcher in the MLB, so that shouldn't be the reason not to use him. an average backup is far below average offensively.

this guy, if he's any good, will quickly makup the 5pts of contact in a month or two in the mlb. he's 90% developed already.

it's not a high-end catcher anyway... whatever is most convenient to the larger plan should be done. in this particular case, there's no wrong answer, only poor reasoning (for either choice, not just the one i didn't suggest). i'd trade this guy after a year or two to elevate his value to other teams and trade with a ton of years of club control... take the next ~4 years to find a real upgrade. plenty of time.

catchers are really hit an miss in any window of time relative to offense.. only the top 2-3 are worth a contract of note.. the rest are a waste of money for only a mild upgrade to offense for ~10-15M/year... might as well re-invest that elsewhere and run out defensive catchers costing 550k/year and batting 8th or 9th. that 15M will buy so much more elsewhere it's a net positive.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote