View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 12:51 PM   #70
chazzycat
All Star Starter

I have definitely read some similar comments, and honestly am not sure about it. The logic behind the argument doesn't seem terribly strong...I mean yeah, you will be facing higher contact ratings in higher levels, making them more likely to get a hit on a grounder. But they will have better power ratings too, so do you really want to give up more flyballs? They will also have better eye & avoid K ratings, so do you really want to be relying more on K/BB ratios than grounders to get your outs? I don't know. It's complicated.

I suspect it's more a question of general talent level vs. one type or another. Like, Blake Treinen is an extreme GB guy with a 96 rating - I just checked my 19 team - he's on his 4th straight season of sub-3 ERA work with over 90 IP each season (1 season perfect/3 diamond). But how many diamond extreme GB cards are there? I think maybe there were just better flyballer cards available...not that one type is necessarily better than the other (with proper defense & park factors of course).

Maybe this will help shed some light!
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote