View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #68
chazzycat
All Star Starter

I've been wheeling & dealing a bit. Starting with the Balancers, I pulled the trigger on Rendon and swapped in Justin Turner to bank that sweet 15k PP. With the proceeds (and some achievement PP) I've made several upgrades - added Warren Spahn, Frank Thomas, Tim Raines & Bobby Doerr. They are gonna need it, because I have some good teams in my division with the Balancers. We currently have a 4.5 game lead, and the 3rd best run differential in the league, so the playoffs seem likely. But not a sure thing.

In the spirit of fairness, it only seemed right to give some PP to the other two teams. I am trying to keep the teams somewhat even, after all. So I purchased $10 in PP for each of the SmallBallers and SaberCats (12,000 PP each). It's not exact science or anything, but should keep the teams on a somewhat even playing field.

For the SmallBallers I have significantly revamped the offense, adding some really nice historical gold players - Rod Carew & Stan Musial. I also dropped Justin Turner (too balanced) and picked up Freddie Lindstrom to play 3B, who is much closer to the theme. Just good contact & defense, not a lot of power or eye. The SmallBallers have a 12-game division lead, and 3rd best run differential in the league. The offense is really cranking, and should get even better with the new guys. We are leading the league in AVG by 30 points and OBP by almost 20.

The SaberCats are playing well too. As predicted, I can't catch the whale in my division, but I'm comfortably atop the wildcard spot with a +11 game lead. I have added 3 diamonds recently - Aaron Judge, Pee Wee Reese and Blake Treinen. My pitching staff is now composed entirely of groundballers, with 9 of 13 guys being extreme-GB. And I've got three ace middle-infielders to catch all those grounders. The SaberCats lead their league in runs allowed, so this seems like an effective strategy. The offense is just league average, but 2nd in HR and 3rd in walks. The whale team has Ruth-Bonds-Trout-etc., so yeah.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote