View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 06:42 PM   #19
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ehren View Post
Any recent-vintage Macbook will run circles around any Compaq-branded PC I can think of. If you spend equivalent money on a modern Windows laptop it would be equally quick.
This is a pretty big generalization. In terms of gaming Macs don't come with gaming GPU's. So any laptop that has an Nvidia gaming GPU will win in gaming.

And unless its a Macbook Pro then it is stuck at dual core processor. And it might even have low ram and not be able to get upgraded depending on how recent. It will have an ssd or a nvme drive however. They went to ssd pretty early at least.

So depends on what model Macbook. Also depends on what HP laptop you are comparing it too. As they do offer a gaming line of laptops while Apple does not.

Even home/business hp laptops in terms of non gaming can boast better processors, more ram, and an equivalent hd. All for about half the cost.

HP Pavilion 15-cx0056wm comes with 8th gen i5 quad core and a Nvidia GTX 1050 TI or GTX 1060 this can be bought for around $650-$700.

Gaming and overall processing power will be more than Apple for a lot cheaper. Even brand new MacBooks are only 7th gen i5 with dual core. And you are talking min $1300-$1600.

13 inch macbook pro to get a quad core its over $1800. While their 15 inch start at like $2500 for 6 cores.

Let alone if we compare real gaming latops like Asus, MSi and Gigabyte Apple can't compete at the hardware or sales price of those laptops.

Not to mention the high end gaming laptops Razor that come with RTX 1080 gpu's and are better speced than Macbook Pros for the same price but you get a top tier gpu.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote