View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 12:17 AM   #58
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Year 2031 Review

The Sullustans picked up only 4 Great Gloves. And taz20075 check out who won at Catcher:

Belt wins it for the 5th year in a row.
Pillar - a decent year at the plate (.265 / .300 / .465 with 10 HR and 73 RBIs) - wins for the 6th year in a row.

I started Nellie Fox for the first time for the entire year and he pulled through defensively, although a real slug at the plate (.234 / .287 / .312). And actually I didn't realize how poorly he played batting third in the lineup! But he got a Great Glove so all is forgiven.

And Izz wasn't kidding about Kevin McReynolds. (Thanks for the recommendation, man!) He replaced Kiermaier and came through with the Great Glove, but also at the plate, slashing .262 / .303 / .422 with 21 homers (tying for the team lead with Nolan Arenado). He also led the team in WAR with 3.8.

//

Experiments like this will have to continue in the presumably tougher environment of Gold. Not only did the Sullustans make the playoffs (coming in as a Wild Card after forcing a 163rd game), we won the whole kit and caboodle, going 21-4 in our last 25 games including the regular season. After winning the 163rd and the Wild Card game, we swept the next two series and then won the WS 4 games to 2. So yeah, I'm only slightly disappointed at the 4 Great Gloves.
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote