View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 12:19 AM   #31
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

I don't remember the exact details, but I don't think he was "cleared" the way I'm talking about. His was a cheated SAT score if I am recalling correctly. The only thing I really remember from that team is Mario Chalmers' miracle shot on the "chop" play.

The thing with DeSouza is that the NCAA specifically said in regard to amateur status "play him. he's eligible." That's different in terms of equities. Conversely, they didn't say that with Billy Preston which resulted in him leaving the team because Kansas wouldn't play him until the NCAA gave the same assurance.

Again, I have no way of predicting what the NCAA will or won't do, but they specifically addressed Silvio's status as an amatuer. Given that a federal court itself found the exact same thing that Kansas maintains, I think the NCAA would have a hard time going against it's own statements. A primary principle in law, which would presumably apply to the NCAA, is that an organization such as the NCAA has to at least follow its own rules in dealing with members.

Now, prospectively, I think Silvio is done with college ball. But again, we shall see.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 10-25-2018 at 12:22 AM.
Airdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote