View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 05:55 PM   #207
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slane View Post
been trying like heck to get this to do what I want, but I haven't been successful yet. if someone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

League setup is 28 teams, 2 subleagues with 2 divisions of 7 teams each. Goal is 84 divisional games, 70 subleague games and no interleague games. 11 games off for the all star break for me to schedule custom interleague games.

Ideally the divisional series lengths are 3-3-4-4 and the subleague series lengths are 3-3-2-2.

Maybe the series length is creating the problem?
The trouble is that odd numbers of teams are difficult for the scheduler, since it's round-robin by kind of game. At any given time, teams will only be playing divisional games or have a bye, or be playing subleague games or have a bye, and so on. To ensure that every team in a division of 7 plays the same number of divisional games, every team must have the same number of byes. That means that the round-robin cycle must finish; it takes six series for that to happen. Therefore, the number of divisional series must be a multiple of 6.

The closest thing to what you want is 90 divisional games of series length 3, for 30 series. 72 games of series length 3 would also work (24 series). 84 games works if you accept a series length of 2 (42 series).

I've attached a settings file which does 84 games in 2-game series with an 11-day allstar break. You can tweak that as you like. Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Files
File Type: txt settings-slane.txt (3.2 KB, 206 views)
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote