View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 12:45 AM   #760
Palaaemon
Minors (Triple A)

Blasphemy upcoming (about OOTP)...apologies ahead of time.

Bird,

First off, never apologize for interrupting OOTP for something else. Especially something like the death of someone you cared about. To hell with the game during a time like this bro. Let it loose. Cry, talk, spend time with family and friends if you can and hug them. The game will be there for you when you are ready for it. We will always be here for you.

It does sound like Lon was a helluva a guy. I think I would have liked to have met him. I wonder if everyone has at least one of those friends that you share such a deep bond with that you might not see each other for years and when you do it's like no time has passed (like you said) and just continue with the friendship like there was no interruption. With you mentioning all of his talents and travels, do you mind me asking what all he did? It sounds almost like he was in the Peace Corp.

Thankfully he was surrounded by family at the end. Nobody should pass on alone. I hope this comes out right. I think that it was better for him and his family that it was two weeks. If it had been very sudden then they may not have been able to say their goodbyes and put affairs in order. On the other hand if the cancer had lingered and had gone on causing him and his family pain for who knows how long...trust me that is horrible (I have been through it).

I do not have a lot of words of wisdom to give you unfortunately, (my wife would tell you I never had any to begin with) but think on this. Lon may have passed earlier than he should have but from the way you talk he did more with his life than most other people and lived life to the fullest the way he wanted to!

Always happy to listen. Anytime.

Palaaemon