View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 06:57 AM   #38
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

This is awful for the young man and I hope he can recover. I'm not going to put Saban on blast for playing him with a huge lead because injuries could happen at anytime. It is common practice to play your starters to the half.

The question of whether he should have been playing at all is another debate most likely. However, does this not highlight how much the NCAA has changed. With the transfer rule as it stands (which I am a supporter of) these schools may not have the depth they once had. Bama is playing for a title and maybe a balky Tua is just better than the 2nd string qb. In years past that may not have been the case. Just an observation of mine.

Oh did anyone pick up on an attitude of non-concern about Tua in general from Saban's halftime comments? It could have been just my perception combined with the fact that full knowledge of the injury was not yet known and that I'm pretty sure coaches hate that halftime interview. It just seemed like his attitude was that players aren't people and are just consumable commodities.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote