View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 06:04 AM   #30
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Understood - and agree that I would love to see that scenario unfold (and would love to see O$U and 'bama get screwed!). But what system do you wish was in place?

Would you agree with the following?

a) Current system - not good, but better than...
b) Previous two-team system, which was much better than...
c) The old, long-time system: simply voting on the National Champ after the bowl games...

I'd like to see an 8-teamer: The winner of each of the Power Five conferences gets in, and three wild cards chosen by a committee. There'd still be controversy over the final 3 picks, but that sort of controversy and discussion - just like all the lead-up and roll-out of the March Madness selections - is good for the promo of the game.
If I had to pick it would be C. However, I don't see why it has to be one of the three options. The lower football divisions have figured out how to have a playoff and have been doing it successfully for years now. They could figure a way to tie all of the bowls into a full playoff system if they wanted to for the people that have that emotional connection to them. Although, I feel like they have already destroyed what the bowls originally stood for in the first place. I would be for abandoning them and have teams host their own playoff games. It would be much more exciting to see a national semifinal at a teams school rather than at the Jerry Jones palace.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote