View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

League Total Modifiers are in League Settings -> Stats and AI tab, right side.

adjust it based on current value. in this particular case, the resolving power of these modifiers are not as fine as it seems. e.g. for passed balls, +/-.001 may have absolutely zero effect, if not on a borderline/horizon already.

normally i'd say if you want 50% fewer passed balls, drop the passed balls LTM by 50%. so if it is a ".564", that'd be a ".282" after the adjustment.

with a huge shift like that, it'll be a good starting point. if league results dictate you want ~50 fewer passed balls, you may need to waffle around a bit, and you may not be able to get what you want.

e.g. you may find the choice is 330/year or ~300 / year.... then the next stop down may be 250 etc... the Modifier in this case doesn't have an effect every single .001 increment. it may be .050 points before it shifts at all.

balks and passed balls are like this in my experience of honing down some static LTM that provide a long-term baseline average i dictate. i usually have to have +x balks and -x passed balls to get nearest my target. one is a bit low, one a bit high, and it evens out better in total.

there's also a txt file that can further manipulate results. in /user/appdata etc... or my documents, i don't recall. just a text file you can edit and change proportion of things.

Last edited by NoOne; 05-27-2019 at 01:54 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote